Product DescriptionFire fighting ductile iron grooved coupling and fitting with UL FM CE ISO certification 1.Name:FM UL Approved ductile iron grooved pipe fitting rigid coupling (Rigid coupling, Reducing coupling, Flexible coupling, Mechanical Tee, Mechanical cross, U-Bolt mechanical tee, elbow, cross, tee, flange adapter, split flange,cap
|Materal||Ductile Iron (ASTM A536 Grade 65-45-12)|
|Color||Red RAL3000 , Orange , Bule or according to custom requirements|
|Surface Treatment||Paint, Epoxy, Galvanization or Dacroment|
|Certification||UL FM CE ISO 9001|
|Delivery Time||Normally within 15-30days|
|Pressure||300PSI 500PSI 2.5MPA|
|Payment Terms||T/T L/C OR Other|
|1) Automatic sprinkler system for fire production on commercial,civil and municipal constructions like water supplying ,gas supplying , heat supplying , etc|
|2)Industrial pipeline system on shipping , mine , textile oil field , power plant , etc|
|3)Pipeline system on subway station , railway station airport , seaport, brided , etc|
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Auxiliaries Co.,Ltd is established in 2004,is a professional manufacturer specialized in the R&D,Pro-duction ,sale and service of ductile iron Grooved Couplings and Pipe Fittings. Our company is a large enterprise group composed of 1 main factory, 3 branch factories which cover-s an area of 68000m2 and has an annual production capacity of more than 50000 tons. We have an experienced team, around 500 skilled staff members, 20 percent of them are engineers and technicians who are professional and hardworking.We are equipped with automation molding line, China 416 automation molding line, Erich automation sand mixing line, CNC lathe, WINTER mold machining center and so on.
We have a very professional laboratory with full serious of testing and inspection as leak testing, raw material receiving inspection, batch chemical composition inspection, microstructure testing, dimension inspection, first article inspection, in-process inspection and final visual inspection in order to ensure the product quality.
1)JUNT Large boxes ,non-wood pallets (110L*110W*12H)with PE film,27boxes per pallet at most.
2)JUNT Samal boxes,non-wood pallets(110L*110W*12H)with PE film ,54boxes per pallet at most.
3)We can also pack products as per customer’s requirement.
4) Delivery Details : 5-30 days after order
FAQQ: Are you trading company or manufacturer ?
A: We are factory.Exported abroad directly from our own factories,so the price is competitive.
Q: How long is your delivery time?
A: Generally it is 5-10 days if the goods are in stock. or it is 15-20 days if the goods are not in stock, it is according to quantity.
Q: Do you provide samples ? is it free or extra ?
A: Yes, we could offer the sample for free charge but do not pay the cost of freight.
Q: What is your terms of payment ?
A: Payment=1000USD, 30% T/T in advance ,balance before shipp-ment.
If you have another question, pls feel free to contact us as below:
Are There Any Safety Considerations When Using Rigid Couplings in Rotating Machinery?
Yes, there are several safety considerations to keep in mind when using rigid couplings in rotating machinery. While rigid couplings offer various advantages, their use in certain applications requires careful attention to safety measures to prevent accidents and equipment damage. Here are some important safety considerations:
– Secure Installation: Proper installation of rigid couplings is crucial to ensure safety. The coupling must be securely mounted and aligned with the shafts to prevent any slippage or disengagement during operation. Use of appropriate mounting hardware, such as high-strength bolts, is essential to maintain the coupling’s integrity under high-speed and high-torque conditions.
– Shaft Alignment: Accurate shaft alignment is necessary to avoid excessive forces and stress on the connected machinery. Misaligned shafts can lead to uneven loading and increased wear on bearings and other components. Regularly inspect and maintain the shaft alignment to prevent premature failures.
– Preventing Over-Torquing: Applying excessive torque during the installation of rigid couplings can lead to equipment damage and compromise safety. Follow the manufacturer’s torque specifications and use torque-limiting tools to prevent over-torquing and potential failures.
– Protective Guards: In some applications, rotating machinery with rigid couplings may pose a safety hazard to personnel working nearby. Install appropriate protective guards and covers to prevent accidental contact with rotating shafts, minimizing the risk of injury.
– Regular Maintenance: Implement a routine maintenance schedule to inspect the rigid couplings and associated equipment. Check for signs of wear, fatigue, or cracks. Address any issues promptly to avoid potential catastrophic failures.
– Operational Speed Limits: Be aware of the operational speed limits specified by the manufacturer for the rigid couplings. Exceeding these limits can result in significant stress and fatigue on the coupling, leading to failure.
– Appropriate Coupling Selection: Choose the appropriate type and size of rigid coupling for the specific application. Using an undersized coupling can lead to excessive loads and potential failure, while an oversized coupling may not efficiently transmit torque.
– Temperature Considerations: Rigid couplings can experience temperature variations during operation. Ensure that the material and design of the coupling are suitable for the anticipated temperature range of the application to maintain safety and performance.
– Training and Awareness: Provide proper training to personnel working with rotating machinery equipped with rigid couplings. Ensure they are aware of safety procedures and potential hazards associated with the equipment.
Adhering to these safety considerations will help ensure the safe and reliable operation of rotating machinery equipped with rigid couplings. Regular maintenance, correct installation, and diligent attention to safety guidelines will minimize risks and contribute to a safe working environment.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Rigid Coupling for a Specific System
Choosing the right rigid coupling for a specific system is crucial to ensure proper functionality and reliable performance. Several factors should be considered when making this decision:
1. Shaft Size and Compatibility: The most fundamental factor is ensuring that the rigid coupling is compatible with the shaft sizes of the connected components. The coupling should have the appropriate bore size and keyway dimensions to fit securely onto the shafts.
2. Operating Torque: Consider the torque requirements of the application. The rigid coupling should have a torque rating that exceeds the maximum torque expected during operation to prevent failures and ensure safety.
3. Speed: Determine the rotational speed (RPM) of the connected shafts. Rigid couplings have maximum RPM limits, and the selected coupling should be capable of handling the system’s operating speed.
4. Misalignment Tolerance: Assess the potential misalignment between the shafts. Rigid couplings provide no flexibility, so the system must have minimal misalignment to prevent excessive forces on the components.
5. Temperature and Environment: Consider the operating temperature range and the environment where the coupling will be used. Ensure the chosen material can withstand the temperature and any corrosive or harsh conditions present.
6. Space Limitations: Evaluate the available space for the coupling. Rigid couplings have a compact design, but ensure that there is enough clearance for installation and maintenance.
7. Backlash and Torsional Stiffness: In some precision systems, backlash must be minimized to maintain accurate positioning. Additionally, the torsional stiffness of the coupling can impact system response and stability.
8. Keyway or Keyless Design: Decide between a coupling with a keyway or a keyless design based on the specific application requirements and ease of installation.
9. Material Selection: Consider the material properties of the rigid coupling. Common materials include steel, stainless steel, and aluminum, each with its own advantages and limitations.
10. Maintenance: Determine the maintenance requirements of the coupling. Some couplings may need periodic lubrication or inspections, while others may be maintenance-free.
11. Cost: While cost should not be the sole consideration, it is essential to evaluate the cost-effectiveness of the coupling, taking into account its performance and longevity.
By carefully considering these factors, you can select the most suitable rigid coupling for your specific system, ensuring optimal performance, and longevity of your mechanical setup.
What is a Rigid Coupling and How Does it Work?
A rigid coupling is a type of mechanical coupling used to connect two shafts together at their ends to transmit torque and rotational motion without any flexibility or misalignment accommodation. Unlike flexible couplings, rigid couplings do not allow for angular, parallel, or axial misalignment between the shafts. The main purpose of a rigid coupling is to provide a strong and solid connection between two shafts, ensuring precise and synchronous power transmission between them.
Structure and Design:
Rigid couplings are typically made from durable materials such as steel, stainless steel, or aluminum, which can withstand high torque and load applications. The coupling consists of two halves, each with a cylindrical bore that fits tightly onto the respective shafts. The two halves are then fastened together using bolts or set screws to ensure a secure and rigid connection.
The working principle of a rigid coupling is straightforward. When the two shafts are aligned precisely and the coupling is securely fastened, any torque applied to one shaft gets directly transferred to the other shaft. The rigid coupling essentially makes the two shafts act as one continuous shaft, allowing for synchronous rotation without any relative movement or play between them.
Rigid couplings are commonly used in applications where precise alignment and torque transmission are essential. Some common applications of rigid couplings include:
- High-precision machinery and equipment
- Robotics and automation systems
- Precision motion control systems
- Machine tools
- Shaft-driven pumps and compressors
The key advantages of using rigid couplings include:
- High Torque Transmission: Rigid couplings can handle high torque and power transmission without any loss due to flexibility.
- Precision: They provide accurate and synchronous rotation between the shafts, making them suitable for precise applications.
- Simple Design: Rigid couplings have a simple design with minimal moving parts, making them easy to install and maintain.
- Cost-Effective: Compared to some other coupling types, rigid couplings are generally more cost-effective.
Despite their advantages, rigid couplings have certain limitations:
- No Misalignment Compensation: Rigid couplings cannot accommodate any misalignment between the shafts, making precise alignment during installation crucial.
- Transmits Vibrations: Since rigid couplings do not dampen vibrations, they can transmit vibrations and shocks from one shaft to the other.
- Stress Concentration: In some applications, rigid couplings can create stress concentration at the ends of the shafts.
In summary, rigid couplings are ideal for applications that require precise alignment and high torque transmission. They offer a robust and straightforward solution for connecting shafts and ensuring synchronous power transmission without any flexibility or misalignment accommodation.
editor by CX 2023-10-16