- Oldham couplings are a 3 piece design comprised of 2 aluminum hubs press fit CHINAMFG a center disk. Torque transmission is accomplished by mating the slots on the center disk to the drive tenons on the hubs. During operation the center disk slides on the tenons of each hub (which are orientated 90 apart) to transmit torque.
- While the couplings accommodate a small amount of angular and axial misalignment, they are especially useful in applications with parallel misalignment.
- We offers oldham couplings in set screw or clamp styles with bores ranging from 4mm to 35mm. Inch and metric hubs (set screw, clamp style, keyed, or keyless) are interchangeable and can be combined into a single coupling as long as they have the same outside diameter. Oldham coupling hubs are standard in black anodized aluminum for improved lubricity, increased life, and low inertia. Hubs are also available in stainless steel CHINAMFG request for increased corrosion resistance.
- Ideal for many light duty industrial and motion control applications, oldham couplings have the ability to protect more expensive machinery components.
- For example the oldham coupling acts as a torque limiter during overload. When the disk fails, it breaks cleanly and does not allow any transmission of power.
- Oldham couplings also have the advantage of electrical isolation due to the non-conductive nature of the center disk.
- This prevents electrical currents from being passed to delicate instruments which can cause inaccurate data readings or damage.
- High absorption capacity of radial misaligment
- They do not produce kinematic errors in transmission
- Elimination of loads on shaft
- Mechanical protection against excessive torque
- Replaceable disc
1. We have first-class testing equipment to detect linear guide various data parameters and control the quality of the linear guide.Whenever linear guides must first detected whether the quality is qualified and the unqualified linear guide will be eliminated directly.So we can get the trust of a large customer, and supply them for several years.
2. We have our own R & D capabilities, to help customers solve the problem of non-standard linear guides.We can also according to customer requirements change their own mark.
3. Price, our manufacture ensure that our prices across China are quite competitive.It is better for you to compare prices and quality among suppliers.But everyone knows you can not buy the highest quality products with the lowest price,but our product is the best quailty if you use equal price.
1. When can I get the quotation ?
We usually quote within 24 hours after we get your inquiry. If you are very urgent to get the price,please call us or tell us in your email so that we will regard your inquiry priority.
2. How can I get a sample to check your quality ?
After price confirmed,sample order is available to check our quality.
3. What is your main products ?
Linear motion systems,like lead screws, flexible coupling,Miniature linear guide rails,ball screws,linear rod shaft,ceramic bearings …etc. But also CNC machining centers and CNC machinable tooling boards.
4. Could you get a better price on your products ?
Yes,you can.We will give the best price on all of the products you need,which can help you to compete other companies in your markets.
5. What is the strength of your company ?
We have a engineer team,who have well experienced on product’s and machine designs.We can help you to solve the problems you meet.
Welcome to inquiry US!
Industry Standards and Certifications for Rigid Shaft Couplings
Yes, there are industry standards and certifications that apply to rigid shaft couplings to ensure their quality, performance, and safety. Some of the common standards and certifications include:
- ISO 14691: This International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard specifies the requirements and dimensions for metallic straight-toothed rigid couplings with external clamping for shaft connections.
- ANSI/AGMA 9002-C16: The American Gear Manufacturers Association (AGMA) standard covers measurement methods for evaluating the torsional stiffness of rigid couplings.
- API 671: This American Petroleum Institute (API) standard applies to special-purpose couplings used in petroleum, chemical, and gas industry services, ensuring reliable operation and safety.
- DNV GL: Rigid couplings used in marine and offshore applications may require certification from DNV GL, an international accredited registrar and classification society.
- ATEX: For couplings used in explosive atmospheres, compliance with the ATEX directive is crucial to ensure that the coupling does not become a source of ignition.
When selecting a rigid shaft coupling, it is essential to look for products that comply with these relevant industry standards and certifications. Meeting these standards guarantees that the couplings have undergone rigorous testing and adhere to recognized quality and safety guidelines.
Are there any safety considerations when using rigid shaft couplings in critical applications?
Yes, when using rigid shaft couplings in critical applications, several safety considerations should be taken into account:
- Torsional Stiffness: Rigid couplings have high torsional stiffness, which can lead to increased stresses and potential failures in the connected equipment. Proper analysis of torsional vibrations and stiffness compatibility with the connected components is crucial.
- Shaft Alignment: Inaccurate shaft alignment can lead to additional loads on the coupling and connected machinery. Precision alignment is essential to prevent premature wear, increased stress, and potential breakdowns.
- Overloading: Exceeding the rated torque capacity of the coupling can result in sudden failures and damage to machinery. It’s essential to operate within the coupling’s specified limits to ensure safe operation.
- Maintenance: Regular inspection and maintenance are critical to identify signs of wear, fatigue, or misalignment. Neglecting maintenance can lead to unexpected failures and safety hazards.
- Environmental Factors: Harsh environments, extreme temperatures, and corrosive substances can impact the integrity of rigid couplings. Choosing appropriate materials and protective measures can mitigate these effects.
For critical applications, it’s recommended to work closely with experienced engineers, perform thorough risk assessments, and follow industry standards and best practices to ensure the safe and reliable use of rigid shaft couplings.
Can Rigid Shaft Couplings Handle Misalignment Between Shafts Effectively?
Rigid shaft couplings are not designed to accommodate misalignment between shafts effectively. Unlike flexible couplings, which can bend or flex to some degree to compensate for misalignment, rigid couplings are inflexible and require precise alignment for proper operation.
When using rigid shaft couplings, it is crucial to ensure that the two shafts being connected are aligned with high accuracy. Misalignment between the shafts can lead to various issues, including:
- Vibrations: Misalignment can cause vibrations and increase stress on the coupling and connected machinery, leading to premature wear and reduced performance.
- Increased Stress: Misalignment results in additional stress on the shafts and coupling, which may lead to fatigue failure over time.
- Reduced Efficiency: Misalignment can result in power loss and reduced overall system efficiency.
- Noise: Misalignment may generate noise during operation, leading to potential discomfort for operators and additional wear on components.
To ensure the effective functioning of rigid shaft couplings, it is crucial to align the shafts accurately during installation. The alignment process typically involves using precision tools and techniques to achieve the desired alignment tolerances.
For applications where misalignment is expected or unavoidable, flexible couplings such as beam couplings or jaw couplings may be more suitable as they can accommodate slight misalignments and reduce the transmission of shock and vibration between shafts.
Overall, rigid shaft couplings are best suited for applications where precise shaft alignment is feasible and necessary for optimal performance. Proper alignment and regular maintenance are essential to maximize the life and efficiency of rigid couplings in mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-11-07